- If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.
- With Enron, you would have $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.
- With WorldCom, you would have less than $5.00 left.
- If you had purchased $1000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00 left.
- But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all
the beer in the period of that year, and then turned in the cans for the
aluminum recycling refund, you would now have $214.00.
- Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink beer and recycle.
It's called the 401-Keg Plan.